1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Does it require a lisense to....

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by stevenf, Aug 10, 2007.

1. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

Get into tree removal? If so, is it only for trees of a certain height that require it?
    I already have the right equipment, It would only help to ad the services....
  2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I'm not sure about whether or not you need a license where your at but I would check with your insurance company most standard commercial policy's don't cover tree work if you have to climb.
  3. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

yep, I've heard that tree trimming insurance is real pricey. So, either don't get hurt or charge a ton and pick up the insurance.
  4. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

You need a business license for tree trimming like you do for the lawn care side of things ... however, I don't think you need a separate "permit or license" for it, as within the context of your question !!
  5. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

I would check with your local county government regarding this question.
    Situations such as tree removal near a right of way, near a power line, near a domicile - either residential or commercial - all have implications that the county should know about.
    Oh, and it is spelled "license" not "lisense".