Does Lawnsite cost you time?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PMLAWN, Aug 14, 2004.

1. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Don't shoot me yet. I am happy it is here and i have learned a lot. Not questioning it's value.

But. How often do you find yourself checking in in the moring and not getting off till 15 min. after you should be at the first job.
    Or do you find yourself replying late into the night when you should be in bed. I enjoy time here but I find it can be addictive at times. Am I the only one?

I'm sure the first reply to this will be that this thread is a waste of their time.------------------Sorry it's raining.

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

yeah, but it is time well spent

3. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Not really. I get up early enough to check in the a.m. Can't be messing around on the computer when I have several crews waiting for me at the yard. Normally I would be working today but I gave the guys off to prepare for Charlie.

4. budrock

budrock LawnSite Member

I'm new to the lawn care business and have spent countless hours on this site in the last couple of months. I consider it an investment that will continue to pay dividends for a long time. A special Thanks goes out to all you pros that are staying on at a "cost" to your business. You're time is greatly appreciated!!

5. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

No Way evening or late night.

6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

At times I spend too much time on it, but I have learned many things that have made work easier and morre profitable also, so its a great trade off

7. i have a lap top on a table by the couch ...when i watch the news or tv or when im sitting with my daughters i check in and see whats going on.

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Business is first, lawnsite and other lawn forums come second...so to speak.

9. redoak77

redoak77 LawnSite Senior Member

LoL I spend upwards of an hour a day.... and i have no regrets

10. satch

satch LawnSite Member

Not time just sleep.On the days i am at the firehouse instead of sleeping i stay up and read these threads.