Does LOOKS Matter to You?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowman, Oct 29, 2001.

1. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

A famous quote <i>"Success is a journey. Not a destination"</i>

You have come across as those who are paying "high" truck payments will not be successful. That may not be what you are stating, but that is how you are coming across. Everyone has their own numbers. What works for one may not work for another.

"Mystery" might have not been the right world, but succes is not easy.

Your vehicle doesn't make or break you business. As you contradicted yourself as saying that many may have gone under for what they purchased, but then stated "it is the man" behind it that makes it happen. I feel the latter is true.

To me just stating that you like to have new vehicles does not diminish those who don't. Either way a business can be succesful.

2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

very true, sorry to missrepresent my opinions. that was not my intention. it is surely, the man behind the wheel
  3. greensummer

greensummer LawnSite Member
    from canada

1MajorTom & Rick Martin I do agree.

Image is everything! As long as the customer thinks its "almost new" than your "old" truck will do fine for your business. I own a '91 Chevy GMC 3/4 ton panel truck, with 229,000 KM on the odometer but with a brand new paint job IT LOOKS NEW! ;)
  4. GreenStar

GreenStar Banned

for you guy's worried about scratching and denting new trucks this is for you. commercial leasing. i lease my 2k f350 for $405 a month 18k miles a year for 42 months. commercial leasing is totally different than consumer leases. pluse you can get custom truck bodies figured into your deal witch in the end may lower the payment due to increased value of the ride.
    2000 f350
    ext cab
    turbo diesel
  5. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

That is what we do. People thought I was lieing about the price.

2001 F-250 XL Regular Cab V-10. (Just the basics) $267
  6. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Well guys guess i'am guilty! I had been driving a 87 nissaan for the past 8 yrs till this year still ran but looked like crap.i still got it but this is my new work truck. I hope it last near as long as the nissan w/187k