Does Quick 36 Mulch Well?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by TreeSqueak, Jan 20, 2006.

1. TreeSqueak

TreeSqueak LawnSite Member

Hi everybody, I'm new here, sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but does a Quick 36 do a decent job of mulching the grass? Thanks in advance for all of the replies, this site has already been tremendously helpful to me. :waving:

2. gdguth

gdguth LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I have had very good success with my quick 36 mulching. It seems to mulch the grass up very fine, with little to no clumping. I have had my quick 36 about one year and has done well so far, the only thing is that we had a drought this year and the grass didn't grow as thick or fast. So i hope that it will mulch as well with the grass growing faster and thicker.

3. Hard Worker

Hard Worker LawnSite Member

Would you buy another one? What size lawns do you mow with this unit? Does it wear you out having to steer it? I'm looking at a smaller unit, and was interested in this brand. Thanks for any input you may have.

Billy

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I don't like the the single hydro aspect of that machine I would get a 32" Scag belt drive, which should be in same price range. I know the Scag mulches well with the 12.5hp engine.

5. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

It mulches great. And the good thing about the quick 36 is you can go from bagging to side discharge to mulch in just 5 min or less. It mulches ultra fine.

6. Hard Worker

Hard Worker LawnSite Member

Thanks Ed for the input. My concern is fatigue, I don't want something that I have to wrestle with. I'm looking at 30 something small yards in one development. If it weren't for gated backyards I would use the hydros I have now. Just trying to save a little of my back.

Billy

7. gdguth

gdguth LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I think i probably would buy another quick 36 if i needed one. I only mow about 10 residental lawns with this mower. It steers easy, but harder with the stripping kit on. I think if you are mowing around 30 yards, i would buy a dual hydro also.

8. TreeSqueak

TreeSqueak LawnSite Member

Thanks for all your input guys, I really appreciate it! :)