does someone make it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by P.Services, May 21, 2008.

1. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

when we blow the clippings out of the beds a lot of mulch gets blown out also. after doing this 30 times a year not much is left. does some one make some kind of clear glue to spray on so it wont blow out?

if not some one should, some thing to stick it together and make it stay shinny wet looking. home owners would love it!!

2. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

Not sure about the wet look but there is a product that bonds the mulch together. It is advertised for use on hills and such.

3. SILVERSTREAK INC

SILVERSTREAK INC LawnSite Senior Member

i pack it down with a rake upside down, makes it look nice around trees and keeps it from washing away...works for a few months

4. JShe8918

JShe8918 LawnSite Senior Member

What i do is if you remove the extension off of the blower an blow semi light and in a circluar motion.... If the makes since... How it works is that i makes the air disperse and not be targeted at one place in the mulch....

5. P.Services

thats what i do now but it still blows some out. a lot of my clients even have problems with water washing it out.

6. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

OR don't blow the grass onto the beds:laugh::laugh:

We do flip the rake over and "rake the mulch" to smooth the mulch when we install it and after a couple of rains it hardens up.

Your idea would work- but how much would it really be needed?

7. shovelracer

I couldnt find what I was looking for probably cause I saw it in a catalog somewhere. I gathered it was a polymer tacktifier sort of like stone sealer.

8. P.Services

yeah thats how i got the idea after sealing pavers.

9. shovelracer

It does exist if you can find it.

10. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass