Does Talpirid really work?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by dmtm21, Mar 19, 2008.

1. dmtm21

dmtm21 LawnSite Member

I have a customer with a terrible mole problem and now that problem is mine!!
    I have tried the battery powered probes that send out high pitch squeals and no success. I want to use talpirid, but was wondering if it works, how hard it is to get it to the moles, and is it a no no with dogs in the yard. Thanks

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Seems to work fine and i have heard good reports. Read the label carefully where it talks about dogs. Be sure the bait is placed UNDERGROUND.

Has anybody done this test with your own dog? Don't let him eat it of course--but--is the odor of the bait attractive to him? Is there any chance a dog would be attracted to the bait by odor, find it and dig it up? One bait worm is probably not enough to kill a dog--but--I worry.

3. jbdavis

jbdavis LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I've used them and they do work very well. I have also attended a seminar where a represenative of the company claimed a dog could eat several of them without becoming ill.

4. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Stuff works awesome!

5. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Very good. There is no better bait.