Does this bid for Patio sound right?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by RedWingsDet, Mar 25, 2005.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

I just quoted another job. 20x3... I quoted him at 1050, and he said "lets do it". Im also installing sod for him.. wooo hooo. I start tommorow. The sod was another 800. :cool2: It should only take like 12hours to do it all.

2. Residential Recreation

Residential Recreation LawnSite Member

im figurin 17$ per sqft i told you those people had nothing better to do with their money

3. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

LOL.

but hey, help me with this math, please... im figureing 65sq foot just to be safe. the block im using is 4x8...

so to figure out how many blocks I need, is it, 70*144/32. so 315 bricks, correct?

then for the 21aa. is it 20'x3'x 3/12 /27. because that doesnt seem right. thanks again. cause thats only like .55, but maybe im right

then for slag sand, 20x2x2/12 /27 and its .4.

thanks again

4. Residential Recreation

4.5 or 5 pavers per sq ft. ad 10 percent extra allways.
    sand gravel topsoil sq ft divided by 100 = tons needed for 2" base add 20% for compaction just to let you know if i move back to the detroit area i will be your biggest competition if you get 17 per sqft on most of your jobs im movin next week

5. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

ya i only need 60sq foot, but i added 10sq foot just to be safe.

thanks for informing me about the compaction! I didnt know...

and theres already PLENTY of competition...

the 3500 flyers that I had passed out have really helped :) Im gettin 10,000 more made up!!!

6. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

Volume = (L x W x H) / 27
    = (20' x 4' x 0.333') / 27
    = .99 Cubic Yards (plus allow for compaction)

I dig it 4 feet wide .. 4in min. base ....give you 6 inches approx. either side for edge restraint.

7. Residential Recreation

how much did your flyers cost and dont forget to add the extra sq ft for the edging

8. Residential Recreation

give me your email address i have a paver pack you might be interested in

9. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

thank you very much kootoomootoo's Avatar
    kootoomootoo.... I was planning on doing 3" 21aa and 2" slag sand, maybe ill do 4" 21aa and 2" slagsand... I already have the edging from previous jobs.

RR. it was 145$ to get 5000 flyers made up. it was 8x11, black and white on green paper. ill pm you my email.

edit: well it wont let me pm you, so my email is premier landscaping @ comcast net, but delete the spaces.

10. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

sorry guys... one more question...

I want to do the border with grey 4x8 paver, and then the rest with red 4x8 paver... so do i do, 46*12/8 and thats how many grey pavers I need for the border? and then the remaining pavers is red? Thanks so much, i bet I look like a stupid a$$, but we all learn sometime.