does this happen to everyone else or am i the only lukcy one

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joshua, Apr 28, 2004.

1. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

I hope i'm not the only one this happens too. I driving down the street, about 5 houses up from where a customers lives. As always someone is riding my trailer gate trying to count the number of holes in it ( its a steel mesh gate ). So i start to slow down and put on my turn signal to pull infront of my account and the person behind me stops right behind me. Yes the trailer lights are on and working, plus you can see my truck lights not to mention i put my turn signal on a good 2 houses before and slow down to about 10 mph. Yet, the person behind me stops about 10 feet behind me and sits there and some even have to back up. Then get all pissy because of what i did. This happens at least once a week and the odd thing is that a few of the times its been the same person stopping behind me at the same account and they live down the street. The sad thing is though that i know someone is gunna eat my gate one time. I just thought i would share that and see if anyone else has to deal with these same people that don't pay attention.

2. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Guess I've been lucky so far. Never had that happen, yet.

3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

it happens all the time. People lack comon sence.

4. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

Next time beep the horn like someone is in front of you and sit there and see how long it takes them to realize it.:D :D

5. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have had that happen.
    The wierdest thing that happened was I was driving in the right lane of the road when an elderly lady in the left lane decides she wants the same spot my trailer is in. She trys to change lanes several times and side swipes my trailor each time. I am watching her do this and I begin to pull over and she just speeds on by me and moves over to the lane I am in and just keeps going! She never saw my trailor! I don't think she could figure out what was wrong with her car and why she could not get into the lane behind my truck. As she went by the entire side of her car was shredded!!! The guy behind her pulled up next to me and we just shrugged at each other and kinda laughed.
    I had a little bit of paint on my trailer but that was it.
    Sorry, I know my story was a little off topic from your thread. but this reminded me of it.
    David

6. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

That's where you want to jump out of your car, race around to the hot head and grab him around the throat before he even knows what is goin' on, scare the cra.p out of him, see who's intimidating who now! I hate those that try intimidating others on the road, they get off being labeled road ragers, I'd love to get off putting their hyped up head through their windscreen lol.

7. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, sad, but very true.

8. polecat63

polecat63 LawnSite Silver Member

I call it the "follow the leader syndrome".

9. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I think it has something to do with the nature of some people who like to sue. They try everything they can do to be in a situation where there may be confrontation and profit. Case in point, we have a few lawn accounts,3 commercial 2 residential, that sit on corner lots by traffic lights/ stop signs..Some people will stop a car length or two from the light when I am trimming, & usually if I see a car coming I will stop until they pass,... others will creep beside me,all the way to the light, hoping I will hit their car with debris. It's always some shi^^y car with rust and holes everywhere, like they think grass or a rock hitting them is going to buy them a new car or something...geesh...some people are born stupid, and seem to like it..

10. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Have it happen to me at least twice a day.