Does this insurance qoute sound to good to be true?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by J&R Landscaping, Dec 13, 2006.

1. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I was out getting some stuff done today and I stopped in for an insurance quote at a local nationwide office. The agent gave me a price of $639 per year plus an additional $100 per blade per year for snow removal.
    That price was for 1 millon dollars of general liability insurance. This would also cover tools as well. The agent figured in that I had about $2000 worth of hand tools and $6000 for the value of myt two wb mowers.
    He claimed that the policy would cover my tools and equipment 24-7 no matter where I was if an incident or theft should occur.

Earlier this summer, I got another quote from a different agent. Their price was $1247 per year plus an additional $500 per blade per year for snow removal. This was also for 1 millon of general liability coverage.

I am not tring to be cheap but I also don't want to be left hanging out to dry should something happen. Is the qoute I got today a good one in your opinion? Any thoughts or input is appreiciated!

2. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

Nationwide quoted me about $600 also, but I went with Erie because they were a little cheaper and had better service IMO

3. J&R Landscaping

Ok, thanks for the quick reply. Anyone else?

4. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

erie is a great commercial ins company i only left because my agent left and promised me a better deal with her new company

5. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

oh and check your pms for that sales tax info

6. J&R Landscaping

Thanks DBL,

Anyone else care to share some pro's or cons for different companies.

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Actually it sounds like a good price. Too good to be true?.....No.