Does this look like a good deal?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by drains, Feb 8, 2004.

1. drains

drains LawnSite Member

I am thinking about buying this trailer. This is the actual ad:

2002 6'x 12' lawn trailor, practically brand new selling to upgrade. trailor is in mint cond. trimmer/edger rack, back pack blower rack, fold down ramp style rear, water treated deck, tires brand new, only used trailor for 6 mo. must sell $950 obo. great trailor for 2 mower lawn business!!!

2. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

is it single or double axel.
    If you run z's or several walks you might want to forgo and get a double axel for the extra added weight on a single can get you a ticket or worse break and ruin all of your equiptment.

If you only have a couple of mowers and little supplies you can start out with it and upgrade in the future.

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like a pretty decent deal. My 2 cents, go a bit bigger and a tandem axle. they ride so much better than a single, which in turn means less bumps and jarring for your equipment. Texas is trailer country, every trailer I have owned (4 of them) has come from texas. Best built and cheapest there is! That's an ok price considering it comes with the racks too.

4. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

Around here that would go for 1300$ at least. Brand new would run over 2k. If that trailer was for sale here for that price I'd jump all over it.

5. CNE

CNE LawnSite Member

Bought my 6.5X12 new for $935. Everything you listed except the racks They aren't that much. You can probably buy new for just a little more with the same stuff.

6. mattydjakd

mattydjakd LawnSite Member

good god thats cheap, especially with all the add-ons.

7. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I only pay $950 for 16x7 foot trailers here. I've bought several of them. But thats not with all the racks. It sounds like a pretty good deal to me if it is dual axle. If it isn't dual axle I wouldn't touch it!

8. vadeere

vadeere LawnSite Member

I agree that you need a tandem axle, it will carry the weight better when the time comes for your business to expand to larger heavier machines.

9. ollie212@tds.net

ollie212@tds.net LawnSite Member

I bought my first trailer 11 years ago 6x10 enclosed since then i have learn that if u are going to make ago of it in this business and plan on being init for the long haul. buy big . After one year i trade in that trailer and bought a 6x 12 open trailer. I now own 5 trailers in all 6 if u count our bobcat trailer for the bobcat. We own 1 6x12 1 6 x 16 3 7.5 x 18 we started buying the extra wide trailers because you can turn a z turn riding mowers side ways on them allowing you to put 3 riders on it or what ever configuration of mowers you want on it . buy big never can have enough room.