does this price sound good for eXmark?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GracesLandscaping, Feb 23, 2009.

1. GracesLandscaping

GracesLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

One of my buddies is leaving the mowing business for the most part and told me he would sell me his mower. its a 3 yr old Exmark Lazer (AS i think) 60" ultra cut, 31 hp briggs with 9xx hours on it. it has been well maintained and i have ran the mower quite a bit this past winter doing leaves. it also has the suspension seat. he told me he would sell it to me for 4500 does that sound fair to you???

2. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds a little high. 3500 would be a fair price for you.

3. GracesLandscaping

really? it costs 11,500 new btw...

4. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds pricey to me...........does it come with the bagging system too?

5. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

if it has the bagger and has been maintained and don't look bad, 900 hours isn't bad. I think that price is more than fair.

6. GracesLandscaping

it does not have a bagger, and it has been very well maintained.... and it runs good also like i said ihave used the mower several times... if this is too high just let me know what you think i could get a similar one for i just havent seen any go for that price unless they were 8 years olf with 1600 hrs...

7. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Not a bad deal, if it was clean I'd give that.

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

If it's in good shape, that's not too bad of a price. Check the casters, struts, and stuff like that. That stuff will may soon have to be changed.

9. Monroe74

Monroe74 LawnSite Senior Member

I'd go to my dealer and ask what he would give for it as a trade. He should have books on that but 4500 is to high more like 3400.00

10. GracesLandscaping

one thing i do know is my dealer sold in late fall a 5 yr old exmark with 19** hours 60" 25 hp kawi i think, that looked rough as hell but had all new spindles bearings etc etc for 4850 cause he tried to get me to buy it... the exmarks are high around here thats why i thought this sounded really fair because its a very clean machine and my friend is the onlyy person to ever use it other than myself so i know its been maintained