1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Does This Really Work?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Gatewayuser, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone have one of these? Do they really make better stripes and will they tear up lawns? Also how much do they cost? Any comments welcome.

Self retracting platform for commercial type walk-behind mowers. Glides over almost any surface, while leaving a well defined stripe on most lawns. Replaceable polymer-wear plate.Part Number Description

539 10 60-55 Proslide
  2. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

If your talking about the Pro Slide then ya they stripe great. I have one. Its a smaller stripe then a ZTR makes. But its well defined. They don't seem to stress the grass out by sliding over it. I wouldn't take it out on a new lawn. I would only use it on established lawns. I like mine, it gets out of your way when you get off of it. I have to admit I still miss my Velky.
  3. Gatewayuser

Also is it harder to use because its fixed and does it wear you out faster than a regular sulky?
  4. Gatewayuser

Thanks for the response LAWNMOWER. Anyone else
  5. ProLawns

ProLawns LawnSite Senior Member

Don't you feel every bump in the yard?
  6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Have used a Proslide for years. No you dont feel every bump in the lawn. It floats over most of them. It can carry anyone, its easy to use. The plate lasts a long time. It saves trailer space. You can make zero turns when you get good. It stripes very well.
    Downsides, the springs go every 3 months or so. 3 bucks to fix. You can run it over concrete or asphalt but you will have to replace the pad more often, 50 bucks I think. You will hit your shins a few times at the beginning, It hurts but won't kill ya.
    Would I buy another one or buy a sulky? I would buy a Proslide over a sulky anyday.
  7. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I don't know how you've been on the forum for over a year and not seen any Proslide discusssions, they're always a topic of conversation. Just do a search for them and you'll find them. If you go to their website there's a video of one in action.

8. ercrvs24

ercrvs24 LawnSite Member

Is the one on the Husky site the same as the novae corp one. Just wondering if it's cheaper?