1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Does this seem like too much for the Honda Commercial Mower?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by wratke, Apr 4, 2008.

1. wratke

wratke LawnSite Member

After doing a bunch of research on the board, I finally decided to purchase the commercial Honda mower since it seems like it's built like a tank. I had the impression that it would under a grand from what others had to say, so I was a little bit shocked when I went to order one in at the local Honda dealer here. It lists at 1400(tax included) up here in Canada. That seems like a huge chunk of change for a walk behind when you can get a wide board ride behind for about a grand or so more. I put $100 bucks down on it so they would order it in, but I wanted to see what others thought before I made the full purchase. Are Canadians getting screwed by Honda? I could swear I saw posts pricing it out around $800 or so.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. THRIFTY

THRIFTY LawnSite Member
    from (913)

You did pay a little high, but you didn't get screwed;I paid about $1200 for my HRC 216 last year. It has proved to be an awesome machine, and has already paid for itself a few times over!!!

3. randosh4

randosh4 LawnSite Member

go price a new toro 21 1600.00 here in kelowna bc