does this seem right?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by pic, Mar 20, 2006.

1. pic

pic LawnSite Member

the estimate i have to give is for mulch i need 40 yards of mulch to be put down on a hill along a driveway right now there is existing lawn there in which i will till out and make a bed for mulching. the mulch 1040 he also wants plants to put in inwhich he is buying my total price which included the mulch purchase is 4142.78. I was wondering if this seems right or should i go higher or lower. How much do people charge for tilling existing lawn the square footage is around 4962 if you could give me any help that would be great thanks

2. pic

pic LawnSite Member

can any one help

3. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Dude... please rephrase in the English language what it is exactly you will be doing & then maybe we can offer some guidance. My advice... go back to school & take some English & Language classes.

BTW, it would probably be wiser to strip the sod rather than till it under!

4. pic

pic LawnSite Member

right now the spot where they want the mulch and plants consists of grass it is 4962 square feet. it will be about 40 yards of mulch and he is going to get the plants for the hill. My estimate came out to 4142.78 i was wondering if that is a reasonable price for the installation of mulch, planting and also tilling or stripping the sod. I was wondering what is a good rate for tilling or sod stripping

5. TurfdudeNCSU

TurfdudeNCSU LawnSite Member

I think that seems to be a good price. It the lowest I would go would be $3800.00

6. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. LawnSite Senior Member

still to vague on details, what kind of plants are you planting, weed mat, how thick of mulch, how far to wheel??????? alot of variables involved.

7. pic

pic LawnSite Member

the kinds of plants that he wants are going to be a low growing juniper. the driveway runs right along side the hill to mulch so i can just dump the mulch and spread it it will be 2.5 to 3 inches thick.