Does this sound like a good deal

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeffh1988, Jul 1, 2004.

1. jeffh1988

jeffh1988 LawnSite Member
    from MS

Ok i have been in buissness a while not real big running a 42" Craftsman now i am growing and have more buissness i have been wanting to get a new bigger better mower but the number of yards i have won't pay for a brand new one but i ran across a deal and i want to see what yall think. I found a 60" exmark lazer, and a 48" exmark walk behind which i don't know a whole lot about the w/b. The 60" has 700 hours which is alot i know but there are service records and it has new tires some new hoses and other new parts and he is asking 4500 and he wants 1500 for the w/b and says he will give both to me for 5500. I don't know what to do that is a lot of hours but i need a bigger mower??
    All input welcome here!

2. jeffh1988

from MS

Just reviving my own post would really like input from all you experienced people

3. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I f the stuff hasn't been obviously abused, I'd say get him to go for $5G. 700 hrs. isn't worn out if it's been maintained at all...

4. jeffh1988

from MS

How long will a mower last if it has been maintained like it is supposed to be? There are signs of wear like the were you would put your feet is worn and the seat etc.