Does Toro Offer...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jbannick18, Oct 17, 2007.

1. jbannick18

jbannick18 LawnSite Senior Member

I know that exmark offers a kit to convert pistol grips to the [insert grips here], i forget what their's is called lol. My question is, does toro offer a conversion kit to change pistol grips to the new t2 drive system?

2. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

i was talking to a guy about that at toro, and he said the frame on the t2 is different from the frame on the pistol grip. i thing he said that you might but it would cost you a $#@% load of money. meaning its not worth it. so no.

>>>>>>exmark is the 'ecs' controls.<<<<<<<

3. jbannick18

Ah ok. O Well not a big deal. I wanted to get the t2 control but didn't need a floating deck and didn't wanna spend the extra 1000 : (

4. jbannick18

Is the T-bar on a different frame? I'd look into them if it was possible

5. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

you should have bought the tbar mower to start with instead of complaining about the pistol grips

6. jbannick18

I love my pistol grips only thing i've used, it was just a question. Plus, toro doesn't offer t-bar in fixed hydros for some reason

7. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah, the tbar is strictly for the gear drive. the pistol and t2 paddle are for the hydros. your gunna have to stick with what u got, or get another mower. whatever you wanna do. but the bottom line is, no. you cannot change the controls on that mower.

8. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

The frames are different, and the uprights on the T2 are welded to the frame.

9. jbannick18

Oh well, new mower is way out of the question, I just started payments on this one :p

10. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

You like those controls huh? Yeah, well maybe you can get enough accounts this year to upgrade!