Does your 36"fit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Redd, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Redd

Redd LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Anyone have problems with their model not fitting through 36"gate?

2. lawnlubber

lawnlubber LawnSite Member

I run 36" scag and 36" stander. No problems with 36" of clearance. One prop has a gate with a bolt about 3" above the ground leaving only 35" at that point. I sneak the wb back there by rocking it onto the rear wheels until the deck is clear.

3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I have a 36" walk behind that doesn't fit through a lot of gates unfortunately. It was my first mower, had I known better, I would have definitely gone with a 32" instead.
    Because of this, I had to use a 21" push mower in these backyards, which sucks!

This year I am selling the 36" to buy a 32".

4. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

my 36" will fit through most 36" gates. it usually wont go through the wood ones. It makes it through the vynil pretty well. if you want to get through all gates, I would go with a 32".

5. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

Meet half way i'll swap you...I have a 32 im getting rid of

6. cutrite

cutrite LawnSite Member

it just depends if the gate itself is 3' or the opening is 3'. On chain link fence you have 2.5" for the hinge and 1.5" for latch.Now on wood fence your hinge is only 1/2" and latch about the same,same goes for vinyl.My grandma's opening was 4' used to push down on pistol grip and get the front end sideways, then straighten up really sucked. I didn't have a 36",but I do now.Learned my lesson. :eek:

7. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

That's Why I Carry the 21" Prolines....Most Gates 37" but there are Plenty of 35" Gates.

The Question is Will a Q36" @ 37.5" or a Hustler 37" fit Through a Standard 37" Gate if their are Any Obsticles Around the Gate....Most are 36.5"...What Were they Thinking ?

8. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

No problems getting a 36" Exmark thru any gate.

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

really. I am in the market for a 26, 32, or 36" mower

10. cutrite

cutrite LawnSite Member

I did fences for 5 years. Not me but most crews I worked with put the gate at whatever it measured at. Even if the customer wanted a 4' gate,if it was 3' 10" they ddidn't care. Even if customer said he had something to fit through.They would just say they hit something in the hole and thats all they could get.Don't see how they've been in business 25 years. :dizzy: