Does your back hurt?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNGODFATHER, Aug 27, 2002.

?

Does you back hurt using your mower

1. No I have a susoension seat

15 vote(s)
    28.8%
  2. Yes I have a regular seat

16 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. I walk

11 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. I use a sulky

8 vote(s)
    15.4%
  5. My knees hurt

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. Does your back hurt while useing your mowers?

What kind of seat do you have if it does?

Do you use a sulke?

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Coming from JD Frontrunners with very nice suspension seats, then to a DC with the very cushiony ATV tires, and then to the Lazer that rides rough. The Lazer came with the "NEW" no springs seat. Two pieces of plywood with foam surrounded by vinyl. Killed my back for those two weeks. Most of it was the seat hinge tray OPC bouncing on that rear spring. Jar, jar, jar.

Then I got the pretty salty Suspension seat from Exmark. Smooth riding! Big difference! Should be STANDARD!

Now you know what I voted.

3. Floridalandcare

Floridalandcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Tampa

I have a herneated disk in my back so it always hurts . But the suspension seat is nice.

4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

My knees kill me after a long day of walking. The pain is really bad if mowing/clearing very rough ground.

5. Cut 2 Please

Cut 2 Please LawnSite Member

I have suspension on the mower not the seat but no my back does not hurt me. I also use a velke on my walk-behind and still my back does not hurt. The only thing that hurts is my shoulders on Tues. night after I do this one property I have where I have to blow off the entire parking lot. It takes about an hour with my PB650. Boy does that thing get heavy. I am trying to justify a walk-behind blower but I do not have enough places to use one right now so it does not make sense to buy one at this time.

6. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

LOL

I know why LGF put this poll here. :D I will be purchasing a suspension seat ASAP.

My back doesn't hurt - but I take it easy.;)

My shoulders used to kill me after fighting that Toro 52" belt drive.

Shoulders don't kill me any more!

7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I have a regualer seat, but my knees still hurt, especially the right one. 34 years old and starting to feel the wear of life...haha.

MATT

8. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, after about 2 hrs on my 52" Lazer. I must say I was very supprised by how rough the ride is. My sitdown steerable sulky on my w/b seems to ride better than the Z. I also feel the suspension seat should be standard on all Lazers. You would think for around $8000.00 they would give you the seat.

9. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

you forgot about the fingers for us guys with the pistol grips. j/k Once in a while my back hurts after being on the sulky cause i'm kinda bending over to reach the controls. I would love to have any rider with a seat even if it was uncomfortable. Oh well:rolleyes:

10. tranum

tranum LawnSite Member

after 3 back surgeries i'm sure my back will always hurt!!!!! but. i have a suspension seat on the mower purchased this year and it is a huge improvement IMO.