1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Does your skin feel like it's always burning?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hummingbird3d, Jun 9, 2009.

1. hummingbird3d

hummingbird3d LawnSite Member

Ever since I have started this lawn care business my face, hands and arms feel like they are sun burned all the time. Now I always wear a large brimmed hat gloves and a long sleeve shirt and now sun block, but still my skin feels so sensitive to the sunlight even from inside of the house. Are you guys feeling this too?
  2. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

I get my first sunburn of the year out at the lake or the beach then the sun doesn't bother me from then on.

But yeah, put some sunblock on.
  3. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

Wear long sleeve shirts and you will eventually stay much cooler.

I dont know what to do about the face besides sunblock and hats.
  4. greenred

greenred LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

Are you on any kind of medications? Some medications make you much more sensitive to sunlight.

If worst comes to worst check to make sure you still have a reflection in the mirror and your teeth are not getting pointy. Never know if you got a new neighbor in your area from Transylvania :dancing:
  5. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

I was sooooo gonna say this.......
  6. Korey

Korey LawnSite Senior Member

FYI- glass filters out the UVB which is what your body needs and allows the UVA, which you don't want to come in contact with your skin. Most sunscreens only block out the UVB and prevents the critical vitamin D your body produces. I suggest you go outside until your body turns a bright pink color before applying some organic sunscreen (I recommend Aubrey Organics). It may take some time but as long as you don't burn from being outside, you will be fine. Do a search on Mercola, where there are more details regarding this topic.
  7. kb9nvh

kb9nvh LawnSite Senior Member

Get the "roof" option to bolt onto your ROPS

8. david shumaker

david shumaker LawnSite Senior Member

My face feels kind of "itchy" from the sun even after applying sunblock. My eyes always feel like they have something like dust in them. I don't know if the eye thing has to do with cutting grass or not.
  9. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

only when i'm in a fire.
  10. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Try drinking more water.