Does your work look this good?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by JayD, Nov 23, 2010.

1. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

Hey guys, just wanted to show off some outstanding work..

LOL.......NO, I did not do it! My customer did it them self.

They just put down some fabric right on top of the grass and piled some mulch on it and then put these rocks on it...:hammerhead::dizzy::nono::confused::laugh:

I'm like OK, now how close do I get to it with the mower seeing that they got like 3 or 4 inches of fabric sticking out? It looks like crap. Not to mention now I cant mow on the other side of it without driving the mower over it and messing it up because of it being so unstable.

Anyway, thought I would put this on here for some laughs....Oh yeah, and the gate opens in not out, looks like some one screwed up....and if your wondering.....maybe they are not done with it, well maybe, but its been like this for over three months...

Lawns 134.jpg

lawns 136.jpg

Lawns 137.jpg

lawns 139.jpg

2. in their eyes it's a masterpiece.

3. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

hey thats my neighbor i helped them with that.lol jk. but why not at least put enough mulch to cover the middle of the pad, guess they ran out after their 2 50 lb bags

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

One thing I learned over the years is don't criticize other people's work,
    we don't know what happened nor do we know what their plans were,
    for all we know they're either not finished or maybe they ran out of money?
    Those little stones they used are NOT cheap!
    If I'm not mistaken they run like $20 each and from the look of things they were trying to get enough
    to fit them all in there snug from one end to the next so as to form a nice little sidewalk, but perhaps
    a gross miss-calculation is what led up to this?

It makes sense, there exist at present ten of those stones, at $20 each that's $200 and they probably
    thought that was enough... And maybe not but either way I don't see this as a laughing matter.

Because what I do know is that it is exactly this kind of behavior why some customers
    like to think of us as lawn boys and lesser beings and like to talk down to us,
    now these folks they are your customers so instead of trying to expose
    them as fools I think you should be trying to help make it look good and right.

Good luck

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  5. mowZ06

mowZ06 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

maybe its not finished or its like that for another reason ? who knows ???

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  6. randosh4

randosh4 LawnSite Member

Looks like real crappy grass to cut.

7. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

Oh man.....I forgot to push the "anti respond button" for topsites...:laugh::laugh: Just kidding ya Tops...

8. Lehighlawnpros

Lehighlawnpros LawnSite Senior Member

I think TS is right.
    I think that you can help them to see the error in their ways.
    By raising their monthly rate by 10% for the walkway,
    and an additional 5% for that god-forsaken bush they planted out in the grass.
    :laugh: just kidding TS!

9. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

They probably did exactly as the guy at Home Depot told them. 1. Lay down your weed mat, 2. put the mulch down, 3. Lay your stone out in a path.

10. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Since I concider myself a landscaprer, That would be a dream if I ever could put some work together like what I have seen here.