Dog and grubs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FENNELL, Apr 14, 2001.

FENNELL LawnSite Member

I went to see an older lady today about her yard. SHe has a young dog that has worn out her lawn in several spots. I believe she had grubs as well by the look of the rings in spots elsewhere. She would like to put grass in, would the dog tramble any new growth? IF she can't put in grass she may put rocks in areas. Also it is a bit shady in the area where the dog is. Any thoughts?
  2. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Italian landscaping (All Concrete). Or give the dog to a nice neighborhood kid for a present.

3. dhicks

dhicks Member

IMHO without her keeping fido out of the area, you are waisting your time and she is waisting her money. I love dogs, but they can be pesky in the yard.
  4. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

once you have a "digger" the habit can be broken when young ...but it will take lots of training ....other wise there will be NO lawn
  5. define "rings" if the dog is a female you may just have dog injury from the urine. males will not do this because they go on a tree or bush. i would say to go ahead and seed. tell the woman to tie the dog up somewhere where it cant get to the seeded area.
  6. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Tell her to buy a dog house and chain.