1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dog crap and the neighbor

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wanabe, Aug 24, 2004.

1. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

Has this ever happened to you? Today I was sent to do one of the residentials that was on our list. I said ok, and headed right over to get-r-done. So as I am pulling up, I see someone with a dog taking a dump on our customers lawn. There are always dog turds everywhere in this yard, now I know why. So the lady pulls the dog off the yard, and takes to dog to another house to blow ass on there yard. By then I had the ramp down, and was starting up the mower. She walks back buy with the dog and informs me that my helper and I need to get back in the truck because here dog was scared. I went off at that point! I told her the only way I was getting back in my truck was that she would pick up all the dog**** and then mow the yard. She turns arround and goes home, not another word. I can not believe some idiots like this. They think the dog crap belongs to the neighbors, not them. Why?
  2. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Because people are POS. Plain and simple. Self-centered p ricks with no respect for anyone else or their properties. You should have grabbed the string trimmer and hosed her with it when she walked by.
  3. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

I had a friend that lived across from a popular park. This old woman would dock her caddy in front of his house and take her poddle for a walk in the park. On more than one occassion, this dog would take a crap in my friends yard immediately after getting out of the car - the dogs owner didn't seem to care. So one day the usual happens, the caddy pulls up, woman lets the poddle out of the car, poddle craps on the lawn and woman takes the dog into the park for a walk. My friend grabbed a dish glove, went out side, picked up the dog crap and set it on the hood of the womans caddy. Never happened again.
  4. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

I have zero tollerance for idiots like this. I got so mad at this one idiot that I put it all in my scoop shovel and dumped it in the bed of his nice new F 350 ! What a jerk. Then the lady asks me the next week if knew anything about him having dog doo in his truck bed and I told her I watch that dog in yard crapping all the time and I was sick of dealing with it. Well needless to say that there has been minimal poop in her yard from his dog ever since I pulled that stunt. It is not real professional to do that but I was pissed off to the point I was ready to take my shovel to his windshield !

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Right now, one of my customers has a camcorder set up in the sunroom of the back of her house, somebody keeps taking their dog in her backyard to crap. She thought about locking the gate but decided she'd rather catch the a-hole and maybe prosecute (she's put up No Tresspassing signs on the fence). The nerve of some folks.

These kind of people remind me of a customer from my first year. While I was mowing, he'd walk around his beds pulling weeds- then he'd throw them all in the bed of my truck! Till I asked him what exactly do you think you're doing?
  6. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

You need to educate the offender in cases like this, just like dkeisala's friend above. Once had a neighbor of a client whose new dog had deposited at least 10 piles in my client's back yard in a week's time. I went and asked him to clean them up so I could mow. He blew me off, said he'd do it later - and he left in car. So I picked up all of it myself, and spread it all across his front stoop - couldn't use front door without stepping in poop. Didn't have problem in my client's lawn again. Guy got educated well, LOL.
  7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

do what I did one time. We are mowing a lawn and coming right now with our final stripe. The lady lets her dog crap right there in front of me. I just stop the mowing and stare at her. I glare at her and she just tugs on the dogs chain and takes it back into her yard.

So I just tell my worker to grab the shovel. I use the shovel to pick up the dog crap and throw it into her yard. She just stood there staring at me
  8. CapnDean

CapnDean LawnSite Member

ahhhhh the sweet aroma of freshly mowed dog crap!
  9. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Really. I mow all commercial and common areas. Some places there are so many piles they look like landmines. Blades don't know the difference between crap and grass.
  10. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

We use peoples hoses to clean our mower wheels off, they never get the hint or even care. Sometimes if you mow around it they will get the hint.