dog crap

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by okiest8, Mar 14, 2006.

1. okiest8

okiest8 LawnSite Member

do you charge to pick up dog chit. or just mow over it add 5.00 bucks on to the price?

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

There are a few lco here that have a seperate dog crap biz,like 10 bucks a week.:dizzy:

3. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

i do the same with dog crap as the dog chew toys all over the yard i pick it all up and put it next to the chew toys on the step

4. nephilim0167

nephilim0167 LawnSite Member

Why not just figure out how long it takes to pick up the poop, and add it on to the price? Say you charge 40$ an hour and it takes you average of 15 min to pick it up, bump up the price to 50$ for the first hour. Explain to them how it works. If they don't want to pay you for the time it takes to pick it up make them aware that they need to have it picked up. You mow on (day) at (time) and if theres poop on the grass when you arrive you add on 10$. I don't see the sense in just plowing over the poop and then charging a clean up fee. Work smarter, not harder.

5. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

Can you mulch it?:)

6. trackgimp

trackgimp LawnSite Member

You may also want to be careful of the creature that left the package on the lawn!! Fido may not like you visiting his territory! :waving:

7. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

I just mow right over it, Don't charge for it.

8. Xterminator

Xterminator LawnSite Senior Member

Mow over it and drive the next Customers Dog Crazy from the New smells

9. Joey bag a' donuts

Joey bag a' donuts LawnSite Member

One lawn I HAD last year, they had a donkey that they kept in their front yard(not a joke). I was mowing and the trim guy happend to cross my path as I hit the biggest pile of donkey shat I'd ever seen that was hidden under some dense growth...he said it hurt when it hit him.

10. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

I do the same thing. I clean it up and set in all in a pile on the steps to the deck. After a time or two, they got the message. Only happened with 2 customers. Not a big deal.