Dog Doo? What do you do?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rather Be Fishing, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Rather Be Fishing

Rather Be Fishing LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

My new slogan goes a little like this..depending on the customer's personality of course: I don't do dog doo, there are companies that specialize if you would like one of their cards. My rate is $75 per hour with a one hour minimum per 'dog doo duty '(so to speak..)

I'm still in the dark ages running antique belt drive walkers. Yeah, yeah, I know there's bigger money in hydro's and ZTR's. Far as I'm concerned, whoop-tee-doo. Or rather, DOG DOO. What do you fellas/gals do?

I'm a dog lover. Oh how I love the silly, loving beasts. The "doo" I could "doo" without just the same but it's a simple fact of life. I remember my first 2 years behind push mowers that I had to lift up into the back of my pick-up and customers who had so little self respect as to pick up after their critters. Personally, I'd be ashamed to treat my fellow man so poorly but I'll go with the philosophy that "most people suck".

So how "doo" you "doo" what you "doo"? (Better stated, 'How do you do without the "doo")???

2. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, another dog doo thread. I mulch it. Big deal.

If it really bothers you, look for it the first time you go there, and..

1)price accordingly

or

2) refuse the job

It's really that simple.
    Crawdad

3. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

I heard that, Crawdad!!!! Either tell them to keep it picked up or find another LCO!

4. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Isn't there something you can spray on it to make it go away? ha ha ha

5. gramps

gramps LawnSite Member

Send it to Michael Jackson

6. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

1. Either tell customers you won't pick up after their pets or let them know up front that there will be an extra charge if you have to stop mowing to do so.

2. Mow around it so they see all these strange softball size areas of grass that hasn't been mowed.

7. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

You folks that have a problem with a little turd, don't you look for it the first time you go to a place?
    I always check for dogs, not because of fecal matter, but because of chains and tie-out stakes.
    I got 17 horse power, that'll mulch a turd. No problem there. It's a mower, not a '71 Corvette. Blast right on through.
    Crawdad

8. polecat63

polecat63 LawnSite Silver Member

I usually put it in a brown paper bag, set it on the porch, light it on fire, ring the bell and run.

9. environment

environment LawnSite Member

considering i dont want to smell it on my tires, i will pick it up with a shovel and throw it somewhere they dont want it, and then thoroughly washj my shovel, i charge an extra $5 for each load, see how quick they start picking up

10. thegreenjeansman

thegreenjeansman LawnSite Member

I make the help clean it off the tires.lol