1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dog pee

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by BobCat#1, Jul 18, 2006.

1. BobCat#1

BobCat#1 LawnSite Member

I know this might sound stuipid,but does anyone make something u can put in the dog's water so that when they pee in your yard,it won't kill the grass?Thanks

2. EMWEB

EMWEB LawnSite Member

You're joking, right . . .. :cool2:

3. BobCat#1

BobCat#1 LawnSite Member

i'm not:cool2:

4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

NO he is not joking..... I have two labs, one is a female Black Lab and the other is a choc male Lab. If the choc pees on the lawn it will kill !!!!! Do a search because this was talked about a while ago. If I get a chance I will look it up. There was some very good points to help prevent it.

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

6. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

I bet the scientist that invented that is to embarrassed to tell his wife what he does for a living.

7. Mrk'sLawn

Mrk'sLawn LawnSite Member

I have always thought it was the urine from the female dogs that killed the grass. Although, I may be wrong.

8. MowerMoney

MowerMoney LawnSite Senior Member

I have heard that adding cider vinegar to the water may help prevent pee burn. Haven't tried it on our dog yet. Don't know if dogs will drink it.

9. BobCat#1

BobCat#1 LawnSite Member

if u try it and it works!

10. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I don't know either. I find it hard to believe that my dogs would ever take a drink.