Dog Poo out of mower wheels

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Aug 4, 2008.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

How do you guys get that nasty stinky stuff out of your wheels after a cut?
    If I hit piles in my susceptible yards, I head right home after I get done and get out the hose and try and blast the stuff out before it dries......I hate dog dung in my wheels:nono:

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Do it right at the yards you get it. That stuff ain't GOIN' on MY trailer! Let THEM have splattered dung around their hose area.

3. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

That crap is nasty. My trim guy hit it the other day and got it in his mouth. When I tell the customer to pick it up they act like its a bother to them to pick it up. Well to bad, pick it up. Its disrespect to me and my guys. Thats how I feel about it. As far as getting it off my tires, I do 360s on the drive way or on the street then blow it off.

4. Dean of Green

Dean of Green LawnSite Senior Member

I, too, run home and wash it off. Then I take a nap and hope things are better when I wake up. It's dog****, get over it. Part of the job. If a yard is overrun with it then tell the customer to clean it before you arrive. I myself run over it with the deck and not the tires(mower can also be a manure spreader).

5. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Stop by a carwash on the way to my next stop.

6. white1

white1 LawnSite Member

I try and miss it with the tires. Started cutting my best friends yard a few weeks ago, and he has a big yellow lab in the back. As I was trimming...well lets just say Im glad I wear glasses when I trim :hammerhead:

7. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Just use a lot of tire shine

8. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

How do you miss those piles with your tires? I try my best to 'spot' the crap before my wheels hit but inevitably my eyes deceive me and the next thing you know a stinky, sticky mass rolls around on my tires? Dang, did it again!
    Long grass is bad for this, its like the dog has a personal forest to dump in.

9. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

Right on,man! I keep one of those jet nozzles for a garden hose in my glove box, and hook it up to a customer's hose on site if dog squeeze gets on my tires/mower deck. Yep, I've been yelled at. Nope, their complaints concerning the issue have had no influence on me whatsoever.

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Do what?

Man .... :laugh: