Dog poop and samplings?? (keys) 2 parts..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Liquidfast, May 2, 2007.

1. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I have a customer who swears that the KEYS that fell from her tree caused an infestation on her property and now they are growing........anyone know how to get rid of them??? I can use round up for the off grass areas but have no idea about the growth of the lawn....dont wanna use the R-UP for that :canadaflag:

And the poop part of the title......I think the poop tastes better in 2007 than it did in 2006. I am glad they pulled some of the products off the market for dog food cuz the human food poop stuff sticks to your face less and not too bad on the taste buds either....:laugh:
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Well it's been a few years since I've had the distinct pleasure of tasting itty bitty samplings of poop, but it smells the same to me, looked the same, haven't had the chance to touch it yet, and even when I got it in my face I must admit I never did give much thought to its contents, thou I found the experience profound.
  3. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I have rec'd 3 PM's regarding the first part of my post....I shall explain. The "keys" that I am referring to are the what we used to call helicopters when I was a child. They come from a maple tree and spin when they fall and they contain a small seed.

I found out from a fellow LCO that they are in fact trees and all you need to do is cut the grass and they will disappear...thank God. So now, its all good. Thank you to all who responded (not one) *trucewhiteflag* . But I guess I didn't make myself clear but for ANYONE who might be even the slightest bit interested in this for the future, if you cut them, they will indeed disappear.
  4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Those are seeds from a silver maple (male) tree. A large filthy weed in my opinion. I have a few customers who are very ANAL about these things. These trees are fast growing and were put in new developments years ago because of the fast growth. They really like to spread their root system into anywhere there is water, like your sewer line for example. They bases of the trees lift out of the ground so any sidewalks near will eventually be heaved. I never heard of them called keys but I sure know the term "helicopters".
    Now the second part of your post I will not even comment on. Just coming off a bout of stomach flu so I am well versed in the rotten-ness of the excretory system.