Dog poop clause in contract

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cleancutccl, Feb 23, 2005.

1. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

I'm seriously considering adding a clause to my contracts that says something in the way of, 'if excesive animal feces is present in yard services will be stopped until problem is resolved and excess charges may apply to reinstate services.' Just passing out flyers today I had to dodge so many doggy land mines it was crazy. I know I could just tell these people that I don't want the work, but I hate to turn down work. But I also hate to go through dog poop and have to clean it off of everything.

2. LawnsByJon

LawnsByJon LawnSite Member

How about offering pet cleanup as a service for an additional fee?

I pig up the poop for my parents all the time, it doesn't take more than 5 minutes, even with two big dogs...

3. cleancutccl

I don't even want to add that service, what would you do with all the poop? I don't want to put it into my trash. It would be fine if it was one or two houses, but some of these houses lawns were covered.

4. cleancutccl

I guess I could sub it out to a pooper scooper person, I haven't seen any around here but I've seen the threads on this site about them.

5. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got an equipment cleanup fee in my contract. i would just initiate that! that will get them to clean up thier $hit.

6. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Consult Bobby Gedd regarding surcharges. He knows more about surcharges than the person who invented the word.

7. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Same here..$ 10.00 cleanup fee....some people pay it every week, go figure