Dog poop

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ChadsLawn, Oct 15, 2003.

1. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

How many of you have to deal with this ugly problem? I have a new customer that has a pretty big dog and The first time I went to trim the back yard...I got poop sprayed on me from my trimmer..I stopped where I was so I could clean myself up..Do you guys tell or ask the customer to pick it up? Or do you just go about your mowing? I refuse to mow her back yard, if there is poop around..Its nasty to look at and it smells nasty..Is it in your agreements ?

Chad

2. ducky1

ducky1 LawnSite Senior Member

With a little practice you can "accidentally" send the poop just about any direction with a weed eater and not get too much on you.

3. Floridalandcare

Floridalandcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Tampa

Hey Chad, I got your PM , no prob man . About the Poop wait till you sling it in your mouth. Chris

4. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

no agreements here...just be watchful or it.

however on one house, it was "accidently" sent flying into a glass slider....next week yard was POOP FREE :D

5. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

If a client has a dog I insist on hazardous "doody" pay.

6. LLMSERVICE

LLMSERVICE LawnSite Member

Dog poop doesn't worry me. You learn to mow around it.

I was mowing my parent's house with my Exmark on the weekend and as I was going up a slight hill, my tire started spinning...in bear poop. Then I saw the bear watching me from about 50 feet away. He just wandered back into the tall grass.

7. GardenTech

GardenTech LawnSite Member

Told a client that we were going to charge extra for Land Mine Clearing...problem was the client obviously was happy to pay the extra so HE DIDN'T HAVE TO DO IT!
    Got to make that question ( " any kids, pets, etc?" ) part of the initial interview process...and react accordingly.

8. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Do you realize how close you were to becoming bear poop yourself?

9. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

we raise our bid the next year - stinky nasty lazy people should have to scrape our decks at night after those doody canine landmines --I mean, dang what are they feeding that poor animal???..... I would love to ride my nasty poop balled tires on their beautiful cement driveways to clean them off.:mad:

10. Popsicle

Popsicle LawnSite Member

All my written bids have a "memo" line that states that all toys, hoses, animal waste, and other debris must be removed prior to service. If the client "misses" a lot of them, 1st offense: they get a warning, then: they get mowed around. Nice little tufts of grass marking the culprits. If I do drive over one, I hose it off before it's loaded up.

Most folks don't want to pay me to pick it up.

:nono: