1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dog Problem

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by kirk1701, Jun 16, 2010.

1. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

I do not know much about masons either other than they must abide by a code of conduct. Beating someone asking for help with a dog problem would obviously violate that code.
  2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

A simple "hey mr big tatoo man, I noticed rover and spike crapping in my lawn this morning" you may even say you saw them crapping in another neighbors lawn and that you were concerned that the other neighbor may not be as nice as you are to him. Remind him of leash laws...most if not all towns have them...tell him a neighbor told you that if he saw spike and rover again he would call animal control...if he asks for a name tell him nothing or tell him a neighbor you don't like.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Agree that this is the owner's problem, the dog just does whatever it can get away with.

So, MAN UP. You know what to do.
  4. jdmcat

jdmcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

In my experience bikers are not as scary as the movies and media would have you believe.
  5. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

They are especially not scary if you are packing a 9mm...
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. kirk1701

kirk1701 LawnSite Gold Member

I'll keep you guys posted, I'm sure I'll see him tomorrow or Saturday and get a chance to bring it up. :drinkup:
  7. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

Tell the neighbor that you treat your lawn and are worried for his dog safety. Would he please wipe off their feet when they come back in.
    That should get some type of result.
  8. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Deadly poison mushrooms are hard to grow. But here is a nice ceramic one:

And you might try placing cocoa bean mulch around your fire hydrant. Its the residue left over from extracting the chocolate. And you know about dogs and chocolate.

And of course there are several brands of powdered coyote urine that are supposed to repel dogs, deer, javelinas, and other wildlife.

And the bobcat urine is for big dogs

And one of the best is the motion activated sprinkler for deer, dogs etc.

Also take a look at shock pole baited deer repellent.

And feel free to plant poison ivy or something with sharp thorns like rose bushes or barberry. Some of the old-time rose bushes are extremely thorny.
  9. kirk1701

kirk1701 LawnSite Gold Member

Might have a little turn in events, too early to tell to be sure but last two days (yesterday and so far today) I have not seen the dogs running lose Thumbs Up

I'm wondering if someone else did my dirty work for me?
    Just as I typed the above I think I got my answer :laugh:
    Looked out the window, pit bull is urinating on the mayors recycling bin :laugh:

Maybe this is why I haven't seen them, they have moved down the street rather then my yard.

OH ME!!! Too funny guys ROTF!!!
    This requires pics as I wouldn't have believed it myself.

10. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Kirk - still doesn't solve the mutt problem in the neighborhood, the fools just moved down the street and are crappin elsewhere for now. They will be back.

MAN UP.