Dog Problem

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by kirk1701, Jun 16, 2010.

1. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

When you are picking up that bacon--get a camera. I want to see this.

2. kirk1701

kirk1701 LawnSite Gold Member

Yea, Kodac moments :laugh:

3. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

please end this thread

4. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

This came in today. http://www.kcci.com/news/23991862/detail.html What is not covered in this article: Bystanders (who eventually called police) saw the whole thing. First the "tweekers" shot the animal in the face. When they saw it was still alive, they used a stick to prop it's head into the river to try to drown it.

Any thoughts? I got some, and they ain't pretty. rscvp, thanks

5. kirk1701

I hope those responsible are caught. Animal cruelty plane and simple

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Kirk - glad you came to a resolution - but I would've taken a harder line.

Why should you have to tell HIM to come and clean up his mutts doo?
    Keep the goll darn dogs off of your property in the first place. Common decency among neighbors, is it that difficult??

7. kirk1701

We shall see how it goes from here, then if I have to get tough I will, but hope it don't come to that.

Actually saved the guys life last night, started to a computer club meeting and stopped for some ice cream. While in the parking lot the guy went into a diabetic seizure; scared me half to death but I was aware of him having them and knew what to do. :drinkup:

8. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Way to go Kirk! You are amazing. You will get your reward--someday.

9. kirk1701

Yea, good thing we just parked, I had access to a store to get orange juice so I ran inside, grabbed it off the shelf and ran out without paying saying medical emergency. Then called my mom to come get us, looked around in his car till I found papers with a phone number on it which just happen to be who I was looking for, his mom. :)

Like I said when I started the thread, think he and I are going to make great friends; we each have disabilities and both of us have along the same line of interest. Which is why I wanted to handle the situation calmly and a bit more subtle and professionally.

It worked :drinkup:

10. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

kirk -- Your friend had an Angel watching over him (YOU). What you did is something to be very proud of.......something you will never forget I'm sure. Most of us live an entire lifetime never to do what you did. If I needed help, I'd want a guy like you in my corner -- a "giver" not a "taker". You're a good man. :usflag::usflag: I wish there were more like you, Larry.

Regarding the guy that shot the dog in the face with a shotgun: They caught him today in Altoona (suburb of Des Moines). The guy is a convicted felon with outstanding warrants. I'll be watching details tonight at 6:00 p.m. on http://www.kcci.com.