Dog...stuff

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by exmarkguy123, May 18, 2011.

1. exmarkguy123

exmarkguy123 LawnSite Member

Just wondering what all you guys do when you come across a fresh dog "log" in a yard. I usually just leaves a spot of grass around it. Any of you guys pick it up or even bother trimming around the area?

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Your doing the right thing, leave it lay with clumps of grass around it. Hopefully the sloppy homeowner gets the drift. Never run it over if you actually see it, stink city man.

3. nightshutter

nightshutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from UT

Huh? Unless they pay me to pick it up, it stays on the ground. I mow over it. Watching my wheels so they don't hit it. Strange no dig mess on the lawns I use my big mower. Only on the lawns for the push mower.Trimming around it would waste a lot of time
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

As for running it over, I try not to do it because it makes cake of it and that's a real problem for anyone who was planning to
    pick up after their pet, however most of my clients are pretty understanding of the dilemma and so I am not unforgiving about
    the smell on my tires either, it's just part of the long list of occupational hazards, that's all it is.

The only part I really don't like is how super slick that stuff is,
    man I about bust my tail every time I step in it.

Other than that I don't waste much time with it either, mow, trim, blow, dog poo or not, over and done and I mean the
    faster I can get it done the sooner I can be at my next yard, some have poo, others don't.

5. vamcars2000

vamcars2000 LawnSite Member
    from texas

The worst is when its on the fence line, you dont see it and hit it with your weedeater. that crap flys everywhere, including your face, nose.....and when its 120 degrees outside, its even worse.

6. nightshutter

nightshutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from UT

Lmao when I'm trimming the edges I'm VERY careful. I think about it flying in my face everytime.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. BlackBirdWS.6

BlackBirdWS.6 LawnSite Member

That is definitely the worst and most disgusting part of trimming.

8. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Will not run tires over it, but will straddle it if on a rider, will leave grass uncut around it if using a line trimer or edger.

9. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

I hit a baby bunny with my line trimmer the other day AGAIN!!!!! And you thought dog chit was bad! Bunny guts definately take the cake!

As for dog chit, I actually make sure I hit it with one of my drive tires. That way when I drive across their driveways they see a track of chit every few feet. I don't care if there is chit on my mower's tires...I'm not going to lick them when I put it on the trailer!

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Been a long time since I've licked my mower's tires, too.