dog toys?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 2 clowns mowing, May 21, 2006.

1. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

does anyone charge extra for dog toys left in yard and your mower hits them and causes damage to your mower?

2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Must be a pretty big toy....I charged a client once for a new blade when they left one of the screw in the ground dog things out. They had unscrewed it and put by the door, but they forgot to bring the chain in.... What a pita and what a racket it made....I alway carried a trash grabber on the zturn so I cuold pick the stuff up and toss it outta the way... but I did manage to cach a few rawhide bones and squeekey toys here and there..

3. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

well i go around a lawn before i mow it which you should do everytime. they have huge toys there. its a big black lab and it has snow blower tores for toys. also you know those huge tennis balls he has those two. he has many toys and i pick them up so i dont run the over and get damage to my mower or i lose that customer over a dog toy. i also somtimes have to pick up dog crap. i charge 5 dollars a peice of crap.

4. AdamChrap

AdamChrap LawnSite Senior Member

I am so glad it is not like that here.
    First, The day I pick up peoples dog crap is when hell freezes over (Unless they wana pay tons of money and then I will have a employee do it, lol)
    Second, I fly over my lawns so chances are things get run over or mowed around, It is in our contracts that all yards must be clear when we get there. But our residential accounts are a about %10 of our accounts if that, I dread the day that I have to start getting more but I am sure it will happen

5. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I think you guys need to look at this in a different light. Sometimes, I look forward to mowing a yard with dog toys. I'm always amazed just how far I can chuck a tennis ball. I stay away from the "rope" type toys though...they just don't fly as far:)

6. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Naw, cause the look pretty cool flying out the discharge shoot... :laugh:

7. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

WHen I walk by it mowing I just kick it into teh area I already cut its all the eavestroughing and sump pump hoses I don't like.

8. scagwildcat

scagwildcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from nw. ct.

i get a kick out of shooting tennis balls with the mower, i did hit a dog chain anchor and a chain once, the anchor i hit was about 1/4 inch ,my mower cut it in half lol the chain i hit scared the heck out of me, it was so loud!!! it also dented the crap out of the mower deck. im glad i didnt hit it with my new mower, otherwise joe home owner would have had to buy me a new deck $$$$$$

9. 657

657 LawnSite Member

chucked a tennis ball at my own house all the time ( no one as pets were we mow) hit the damn dog once with a tennis ball . Thought to my self about time, he leaf's shi@ all over my yard, ( well DID)

10. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i pickup dog toys everytime i mow.....with my Walker:laugh: