Doggone Fire ant mounds!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by buckwheat40, May 24, 2007.

1. buckwheat40

buckwheat40 LawnSite Member
    from SC

I'm just curious to know what some of you veterans do about large fire ant mounds? I'm not sure if the're a problem everywhere, but I'm in the southeast and the're terrible. I have one five acre lot that I cut and it's covered with mounds. My question is do you mow right over them(and dull your blades), go around them (mess up your stripes), raise the deck(leave high spots) or chemical treat them (charge the customer more $)?; I know this may sound like a dumb question but I'm stumped! Please help!
  2. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

topcoice active ingedent fipronil in spray form 2 oz to acre will control up to 2 years Ps i think i't illegal. same as termador phantom etc. spray before it rain sun light destroys fipronil. go to pest control.....
  3. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

I remember this stuff that my dad used when i was a kid. Came from ace hardware, Made by ortho and was in a small brown bottle. Was a white concentrate that you mixed a shot glass amount in a couple gallon bucket. Pour on the ant bed and ants die instantly. It was so effective that something in it is probably illegal now. I now use Spectricide "Once and Done". works pretty well but the jury is still out.
  4. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

i'ts active ingident is asaphate made by orhto and is smells bag like rotten eggs or sulfur...
  5. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned
  6. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

lesco sells somthing too saw it the other day in the catlog
  7. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

8. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

wow really i see a lot of things in the catalog wow your smart lets see were is my catalog i do the work for you ...........................i'll be right back.
  9. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

10. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

Aaaaaa, termidor,phantom,premise,crossckeck,
    cypermethrin E-pro,permethrin ooh ps goofy these are rated for stucture and you need to be more specific on telling peple the important things like ooooh lets say what you really saw in the catalog before you get this guy in truoble with the state.,....................