1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Doin away with my PG magnum and getting a Z-Spray

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jackedf150, Jan 16, 2011.

1. jackedf150

jackedf150 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

So ive decided to get an Intermediate. Just curious what everybody uses to haul them around. I have came to the conclusion of a 7x16 enclosed with a 150 gal tank in it. Any other suggestions?
  2. jackedf150

from Indiana

( Say NO )
    ( to )
    ( T3000's )
    O ^__^
    o (oo)_______
    (__) )\/\
    ||----w |
    || ||
  3. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

Picking up our Intermediate this week at the Des Moines turfgrass conference. Demo'd the T, Max and the Intermediate and it was the best fit for us. Using one of our trailers because I do know how to pull one, so I will!
  4. johndeereguy

johndeereguy LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I have one and its amazing. i set up a 7 x 16 enclosed trailer. I use a 300 gallon tote for a nurse tank. I think 150 gal might not be enough for ya. I will also be in Des Moines this week for the show.
  5. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

I use a Chevy 2500 with a 300 gal spacesaver and a 6x10 single axle trailer The trailer holds the Z and all the fert. You guys be sure to say "Hi" to you know who when in Des Moines this week. I'll be at the Arkansas Turfgrass Convention in Hot Springs Wednesday and Thursday this week myself.
  6. jackedf150

from Indiana

I planned on putting it all in the trailer. I figured a 150gl. tank with a pallet of fert and a zspray would weigh enough to pull around. I really want to leave my truck empty so i can just unhook and use the truck for other reasons. I have managed to live 5 years with just using the truck and magnum with a hitch carrier and a 50 gal tank in the bed.
  7. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

congrats for sure.
  8. jasontimm

jasontimm LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Why did you pick the Intermediate over the Max?

9. Service 1st Lawn Care

Service 1st Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on purchasing the BEST machine in the market.:clapping:
  10. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

What does Larry think about all this hubub?