Doing a local show/family fair...ideas?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Liquidfast, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I am not really big on this crap but the wife is a community *****, I mean host and loves the "social aspect" of these things.

Anyhow, I am handing out some info........any ideas or suggestions. I am trying to stray from the ordinary BS

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. You can even PM me if you are afraid to show your sensitive/creative/loving side.:)

2. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I guess if we had the "magic" answers, we wouldnt have time to be here......we'd be in the bahamas and chillin'

3. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Photos, photos and more photos of before and after displaying your work.
    If you hardscape, have samples of the different types of material used.
    Have a dull blade and a properly sharpened one with before and after shots of the C3 turf you maintain showing why you do what you do.
    Be in uniform, have a detailed professional mower with professional hand tools (not the crap you buy at box stores), pruners, a pole saw, climbing gear for tree work, etc.
    Essentially use this time as an opportunity to educate the booth kickers on the difference between a scrub and a professional.
    And did I mention photos?