Doing estimates by email?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Billz, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Billz

Billz LawnSite Member

Do any of you do estimates by email?
  2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I do quite a bit of this. I have my email adress on all invoices, letter head and business cards. Many existing clients email me when they would like a price on a add on service. I email them back a job discription and price. Works well and saves me alot of time.
  3. Billz

Billz LawnSite Member

Well, this is the first time I have put it in my fliers, I have mailed about 3000 flyers, and received 1 call, and 12 emails asking for prices...I like to be face to face more, but all of the email people asked me to leave it in their email. I got the woman who called to sign up, but nothing yet from the email people. It has only been a day for most, I know it is still early, just wondering if there are more tire-kickers doing this since it really requires no contact with me personally.
  4. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the email game. Some people just don't like to call, but they would email.
  5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have customers that the only way I can get ahold of them is with email. I love it because it spells everything out right there. Then I just save all of my email so if they claim they never said something or that I never said something then I have the email to prove it or disprove it