Doing tricks on your riders....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bulletproof, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Bulletproof

Bulletproof LawnSite Member

Is anyone able to do any "show worthy" tricks on their riders? I was thinking about this today when I half-a$$ cat-walked my ZTR riding up the ramps onto my trailer.

I'm only able to do this when both bags are loaded with grass... I discourage against this though, pretty rough on the machine and can't be good for the trailer. I even have the Exmark weight on the front of the machine to compensate for the weight of the vac system and the rollbar ;)

2. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I have a Steiner 4x4 tractor style that I have a sprayer mounted on the front of. I have a 30 gallon tank on the back. It's hydrostatic and I was backing up rather quickly with a full tank of water on and shoved it in forward a little too quick. The front end came up about 3 feet in the air and then slammed back down real quick. The force smashed the regulator right off the boom. That little stunt cost me over $100. Now I pay a little more attention when the tank if full and I'm in a hurry.

3. liquidforcedude7

liquidforcedude7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from america

I can do a little 8" wheelie on my lawn tractor... a whole lot bigger if im pulling anything

4. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Give me a little bit of a hill and I can do a wheelie on my stander all the way to the top.

If I don't have a hill, I can still go about 30' or so.

5. OMG

OMG LawnSite Senior Member

comment in this thread.

:cool:

6. lawnjockey75

lawnjockey75 LawnSite Member

How long doesn't your equipment last? This is some of the dumbest stuff I've ever heard.

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

LOL I love doing stunts with the wb, way I started is more by accident when in a really tough yard, sometimes the wb does something unintentional. Wheelies and curb-jumps are my favorites while I also like it when the velke fish-tails coming out of a tight, hi-speed turn. Thing is, you have to pop a wheelie when (un)loading or the blade-bolt will catch the grate of the gate, so some of it truly is necessary. Back before the cost of a new tire burned my pocket, I also liked to spin tires on pavement but now tires just cost too much. One other thing I tried once is to stand on the deck of the wb while operating but that was too scary.
    I do the stuff all the time but have hurt myself before, you have to be careful, I've been over the handlebars twice and falling into a set of spinning spindles and belts (nevermind the hot engine) is not much fun. I also used to enjoy twirling the weed-eater like a baton in one hand and letting it fly in the air and catch it with the other hand while weed-eating but one time the stupid thing slipped and the power-head landed on MY head, and I haven't done it since thou I still do it with the rake since it's lighter.
    No, I don't do stunts with the hedge-trimmers or the chainsaw, and unfortunately the backpack blowers appear useless in this area as well.
    Far as how long the equipment lasts? It might last another year if I didn't do it, but after I get 7-8 years out of my wb's, I'm happy.

8. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds like someone trying to get hurt.

9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Sit Ubu sit...good dog.

10. Bulletproof

Bulletproof LawnSite Member

I absolutely pissed myself laughing at your response Topsites! haha :D

I love how some people actually responded, I wasn't sure whether anyone would or not, but I'm glad some of us are able to have some fun while working our butts off! Sure it's not good to do it all the time, but sometimes you just gotta let her rip.

Thanks guys