Doing work for family.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Leading Edge Decatur, Jul 8, 2010.

1. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

The average bag of mulch 3 cu ft. That's 9 bags to the yard. 225 bags? 60 bags on a pallet generally, so he got 3.75 pallets of mulch? That sounds absurd to me, but hey, whatever trips your trigger.

2. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Oh okay, I was still typing I guess. That's more reasonable.

3. bradseabridge

bradseabridge LawnSite Senior Member

could you imagine showing up to a job and seeing 3.75 pallets of mulch in bags?! hahahahahahahahha

4. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I'd be out of there right quick. I'd much rather wheelbarrow spread.

5. bradseabridge

that much mulch most definitely, I would love to have a mulch mule though.

6. grass4gas

grass4gas LawnSite Senior Member

I say bullshit. 25 yards in 3 hours = 1 yard every 7.5 minutes. Take into consideration loading the wheelbarrow and trucking it to each area, spreading and then back and load up another wheelbarrow, etc...:hammerhead:

Can't be a quality job for the fact that you only charged $200 labor = $66/hour.

It still took you 6 man hours to do the job, that equals only $33 per man hour...way to low:dizzy:

I'd like to see pics of this job.

7. shooterm

shooterm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I've been waiting around for three weeks to get a yard of river rock because she found a six dollar cheaper price. Instead of grabbing it on a saturday throwing it in half hour I'm waiting on a rain day during the week to go pick it up from the pit. Now my 3/4 ton isnt starting due to some dumb problem and she still wants its done. If I get it going tonight I might just bed her flower bed with blacktop reclaim.

8. bradseabridge

Keep reading my posts my friend, I didn't go 25 yards in 3 hours.

9. bradseabridge

Haha, isn't that the most annoying thing ever. I sware people are so cheap seriously it's 6 dollars OMG! Just like some old woman that wanted me to mow her lawn with my 21 in push Honda, I told her $30$ because of the extra time it would take because I have 6 other yards in that area. She said WHAT!? everyone else only pays 25$ I say okay that's fine $25 it is. What did I do? I used my Husq WB and got done in 10 mins. as opposed to 20.

To this day she only asked me why I used the "tractor" once and I explained to her and from then on she doesn't ask and I'm still working for her.

10. BCLawns

BCLawns LawnSite Member

I knew this right away. Having just done 25 yard install.