Dollar Spot in Bermuda

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ThreeWide, Sep 9, 2004.

1. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Several of my clients have developed dollar spot in the past month. This is in hybrid bermuda.

I cannot discuss what caused it due to the fact that I had no control over the fertilization until just recently. Several reasons how it developed...poor watering practices, inadequate nitrogen, morning dew, who knows. The point is that they have it now.

Since fungicides are expensive, is it absolutely necessary to use them this late in the season? Our bermuda will start going dormant in about 6 weeks from now. The dollar spot severity is low in each of the lawns at this point. It appears to be nothing more than a visual nuisance, as it only exists in small portions of the lawns.

I'm thinking that by getting the nitrogen levels up to an acceptable level as we have over the past month, there would be no need to apply a fungicide.

Will the dollar spot survive the winter and cause more problems next year if I do not apply the fungicide? That's the part that concerns me.