1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dollar Spot is everywhere.........

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Holistic Landscapes, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Holistic Landscapes

Holistic Landscapes LawnSite Member

Is this like a shoulda woulda type deal with this fungus? I was planning to use baytelon earlier but waited. Now its all over... most other laws look worse if they do have it... If treated now will the systemic fungicide work in time to kill the fungus?
    Would a preventative approach be a better means of control?
  2. turfsurfer

turfsurfer LawnSite Senior Member

I've seen some pretty rough looking lawns recover completely from dollar spot with just a good shot of nitrogen and the right conditions to grow the fungus out. It will go away on it's own when the weather changes. Or, you can do like TGCL and some others and spray some expensive fungicides and proclaim yourself a hero when it goes away (which it will do anyway).
  3. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

T-Surf offers some great advice on control. If you do decide to use fungicides I would recommend spraying, better control. Use products like Eagle, Spectator and Compass to name a few. If on commercial property you can add Chlorothalanil(?). Left unattended in severe cases you could see some truf decline.
  4. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

Daconil 2787