Dollar Spot....it's everywhere here

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ThreeWide, Jul 16, 2005.

1. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

North GA seems to be a Dollar Spot incubator these days.

How bad is it?

While servicing one of my clients today in a large neighborhood (spraying for DS of course), two homeowners I had never met approached me about spraying their lawns. Turns out everyone on that entire street had DS.

It was like being the ice cream man on a hot summer day. I was totally unprepared for that, but was able to take care of one right away. Didn't have enough water or fungicide to deal with it.

In those cases I will do one-time applications, because these could easily become new clients.

2. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

I've got to spray our yard ... stuff is taking over. I noticed the same thing in another yard that belongs to a friend today, too.

3. Kaskov

Kaskov LawnSite Member

Is the granular stuff any good?

4. Luscious Lawns

Luscious Lawns LawnSite Member

We used the granular stuff last year (Balaton) However it needs to be watered in. This year I'm trying Manicure (Lesco brand of Daconil) to do away with the fight to get customers to do anything (Water the lawn) We've had plenty of rain lately but this week seems humid and no rain. Yes........Dollar spot everywhere.

My turf is common Bermuda and has yet to show any signs of fungus. Glad I didn't go the hybrid route.

5. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Tried Eagle from Lesco but wasn't real happy with the efficacy.

Regal Chemical has some great fungicides, Systar and Systec. So far they have worked very well. Neither are cheap, but you get what you pay for.