dollar spots

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by wcb607a, Aug 21, 2009.

1. wcb607a

wcb607a LawnSite Member

Customer has dollar spots. Will one application of eagle take care of it or do I need to do multiple applications? Or should I tell here to wait it out and slit-seed in the fall with a grass seed that is disease resistant?

2. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

well if the customer is willing to pay, i say treat it--
    but you certainly shouldnt guarantee one app, especially considering
    the wacky weather this year, hot- cold humid rainy(for most of us )

i personally havent had great luck with eagle

3. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

If you are able to spray a wettable powder, then I would recommend Armada. It ihas both a contact & systemic disease fighting characteristics. I agree with last post-I haven't had good luck with Eagle on Dollar Spot. (preventative is OK, but curative NO)

Make sure lawn fertility is OK, or you'll be chasing a problem with lots of cost in unecessary fungecide when down the road...

Good luck!:usflag:

4. naughty62

naughty62 LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

I do not live anywhere near jersey ,but if I find dollar spot on cool season grasses .The first thing I look for is grubs .I do not know about your insect pressures this time of year .But a experienced ,college educated chemical salesman could .

5. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

Did you attend the NOFA-NJ lawn care seminars at the Duke Estate last week?

One application of ICT Organics NPP will stop it. We followup with organic based fert and/or compost tea.

6. bx24

bx24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA/TX

I can get 12 oz of WP for $49. I wonder if it is cheaper then Eagle and better. I had go luck with Eagle 20EW this year but I needed several apps...

7. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Spectator works well, its not too expensive and the rate is fairly low.