1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

dollar weed

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lugnut#6, Jun 26, 2003.

1. lugnut#6

lugnut#6 LawnSite Senior Member

any suggestions on a postemergant herbaside for dollar weed down here on the gulfcoast?something i can apply now.liquid or dry.type of grass is st augistine and centapede..maybe a little carpet grass as well.

any suggestions?
  2. lugnut#6

thanx again godfather...u da best!
  3. lugnut#6

thats some complicated reading...gave me a headache.lol
    that answers about everything.i did notice that it says not to apply when temp is going to be above 90 within 72 hours of application.well heck,here thats everyday.5:00am is 85..ok i exaggerat a little,but still,how important is the air temp gonna be to the results? ....discuss

oh one more silly question...what are the diminsions of an acre?
  4. lugnut#6

ok two more.....what are your thoughts and opinions on atrizine?
  5. 43,560 sqft in an acre

Don't know what "atrizine" is.
  6. azturfpro

azturfpro LawnSite Member
    from arizona

Try savage . I sprayed 100,000 square feet last week that has trees in it and they were not harmed . Savage is 2,4,d in the dry form and the active ingredient is 97% of the package . Savage smokes weeds very fast and does not become volatile as easy as liquid 2,4,d products do .It was over 100 degrees when I sprayed . This is a danger label product and if it gets in your eyes , kiss your vision goodbye . . I have sprayed over 2000 #'s of savage in the last ten years without doing any damage .