Dollar's and Cent's

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Trim Creations, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Trim Creations

Trim Creations LawnSite Member
    from Ks

Need Help looking at a Lawn spraying bussiness, 2001 Ford 1ton deisel with 600 gal chem tank (172 accounts looking at P-L statmnts and it looks like He's clearing $40,000 a year He's is asking $100,000.00 does this about right thanks for any addvice.

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Trim Creations

My area accounts sell for one years gross. Equipment is extra. One man can do 350 Bi-monthly Accounts. I don't know how this compares to you area. Good luck.

BTW you can make $40,000 a year working for a big company here as Spray tech and no worries

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah,.. the accounts is one thing, if you could aquire those, while the truck doesn't sound bad, the 600 gallon tank is basically useless. With 172 accounts, thus far, there is no use for a tank that big... just not necessary. ALOT of wasted money and fuel. For 172 accounts, and clearing 40k, he must have atleast a couple of accounts that are pretty decent size. The main thing is, to check out his operating costs, and what he's grossing. As far as Ric says, that 1 man can do 350 bi-monthly accounts, I don't quite understand. While I'm not there, yet, I have a friend that does 400 monthlys by himself. If you base it on 20 working days a month, 350 bi-monthlys would give you 175 to do every month (20 days). This would be 8-9 a day. You would be working about about 4 hours a day on these, having the weekends off, and leaving a few days for rain, as well. (Although, that WOULD be great!) Now, if you get into a Permagreen situation, you are talking about a whole different caliber, all together.:) I would think that 172 monthly accounts would put you right around 4 hours of work a day, - sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more, depending on how they're grouped. However, it would make more sense to just go out and work full days and be done with it in about 2 days out of the week. Or, work just over 1 week out of the month.

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Runner

Remember Florida is the Bug Capital of America. Yes we spray 15 or more accounts a day. we just can't spray everyday. We also have to check back on treatments more than you do, I am sure. Insect and disease pressure is greater here. Other factor is we apply 3 to 5 gallons per K. I believe you Northern guys only go a gallon per K.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would try to talk him down on the price.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Well, THAT changes things... Not so much the going back to re-check, (I can certainly see how that would be necessary on insect control), but the 3-5 gal. per M will put you right into the 600 gal range - and THEN some!

7. Trim Creations

Trim Creations LawnSite Member
    from Ks

Thanks for every one's help its much apprecaited.