Dollars per day?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jaclawn, Oct 15, 2000.

1. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

How many dollars per day could you do with this setup working on residential lawns ranging from 12-20K.

1T dump
    16' trailer
    2 48" WB's
    1 48" Wright Stander
    2 21" mowers.

Trimmers/blowers...

2. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

In my area by myself I could gross about $400-$500/day with that equip. With one employee about $675-$725 minus about $80-$100 for employee. With 2 employees about $775-850. I would think you could have 3 to 4 employees working for you with 3 WB's and plenty of trimming to do. I don't have experience with more than 2 employees so I couldn't answer.

3. Ocutter

Ocutter LawnSite Senior Member

I have the same setup except for the trailer, mines a 12'. I too try to have a 375-550 day when cutting. Its only me doing these so I do ok. If I added more employees I would think about an extra $300 per day, per employee to cover work comp. etc.

4. Stinger

Stinger LawnSite Senior Member

Full crew of 4-5 men gross $1,000 per day cutting 40+ residental yards.

5. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I try to make about $400-500 per crew. I run with two crews, so about $800-1000 a day.

6. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

"In my area by myself I could gross about $400-$500/day with that equip. "< barkleynut---Barkley, what size yard we talking about? How many yard a day is this? How close are the yards together. How many hour a day?
    Charles<-- just trying to figure out how a one man operation could gross this much in one day. Every day without killing themselves.

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Charles wrote:

{just trying to figure out how a one man operation could gross this much in one day. Every day without killing themselves}

If you never actually figure it out don't feel bad. I felt like I was beating my head up against a wall trying to get an answer similar to this in another thread.

8. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Charles I will do the math but since you are a liberal I will take it easy on you. (Just Kidding) Just like the question asked for this type of lawn (15K) I charge $50-$60 depending on difficulty and location. 10 per day is fairly easy. Leave the house at 7:30 be at first lawn at 8:00. Each lawn should take about 45 mins maximum. 5 minutes max travel time between lawns. So 10 in an 8 to 9 hour day is very achievable. 10 lawns X $50/$60 per lawn = $500-$600 per day. If you can't get these prices then you need to consider moving on to more profitable lawns.

9. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Nah we can't get 50 or 60$ per .45 minute lawn around here. People in VA must be richer than I thought. 5 min travel time? I know it has to take 5 to 10 minute to load up at least. You can sit at on redlight for 5 min. You must be working until 8 or 9 at night. I quit at 6. Start at 8. You must work on contract and not take time to talk to customers either to get paid. i use a 60" mower and you using a 48"... oh well never mind whatever you say. Homer what you think?

10. tpirobert

tpirobert LawnSite Member

WOW!
    You guys must have turbo charged mowers. I can do as much as $400 plus in a day by myself....but the bods gonna pay and I don't have enough high dollar accounts to keep that up. Realistic is $250-300 solo and $300-500 with a helper. I mow with 62" Stander and 52"Z. The "figure" to figure out is what your expenses are and then what your min. daily work total needs to be.