Dollarspot

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RigglePLC, Jun 5, 2014.

1. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Too soon. The first dollarspot appeared in my lawn this week. Just a few spots--minor problem--so far.

Warm prolonged rain yesterday--so maybe more fungus infestations will appear in the future. Probably apple scab on crab apple, too.

S3500004.jpg

2. ETM

ETM LawnSite Senior Member
    from Georgia

Ive seen tons around here in the bermuda
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

Dollar spot has been horrible this year over here so far.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Cadzilla

Cadzilla LawnSite Senior Member

Low humidity so far in Michigan always a good sign as far as outbreaks. I don't expect a bad year and I treat for a load of different fungus on different items from bent grass to apple trees, spruces, pines et all.

I always like to see low humidity with just enough rainfall and so far this years been just that.

5. dishman89

dishman89 LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device

6. dishman89

dishman89 LawnSite Member

Whats fungicides are working the best for you guys?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. BikePilot

BikePilot LawnSite Member

For those that are seeing this are your clients wanting you to treat it or do some want to "wait and see"? I run into this a lot. I am in west TN and seeing dollarspot everywhere in bermuda.

8. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I did not usually treat for dollarspot--and when I did --it did not work well.
    But ...my wife wants me to treat my own lawn. Stay tuned.

9. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Dollarspot in bermuda suggests not enough N, K and micronutrients. In low cut grasses, if the weather is optimal, you are going to get it. I like Eagle 20 EW for dollar spot in alternation with 3336.

10. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Bayleton or Banner. Here is the problem I see in dealing with dollar spot in high cut cool season turf. Increasing the N can then make brown patch and leaf spot worse.