Dolmar 760.1 back pack review!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WREBELMACHINE, Oct 2, 2008.

1. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

My dealer got in some of the new Dolmar 4-stroke back pack and I got to run today! It will be my next backpack!! In fact I may change all of my back packs to them!

Great Great Power!
    Good on weight nice balance
    And very easy on fuel!

Take a look at one if you get a chance also has a much better price than the Redmax 8000 blowers that I have!

2. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

How is the power compaired to the redmax 8000?

3. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

What is the warranty on Dolmar back packs?

4. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

5. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you talking about the 7600.1?
    If so, while the air volume output is very good, it has the lowest air speed output of the top blowers chart I made a while ago.
    BTW, the Robin has a lower performances than the Dolmar...

6. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

It actually revs VERY quick! It surprised me.

When I ran one I did not have a chance to test it against anything else and there was nothing around to use it on so I am not sure how it performs in the real world. But I thought the engine seemed very responsive and seemed to have good power.

7. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

I deal with the same dealer as rebel does good guy! I also got to try one of these today and now it is in my garage! I am very impressed with it I do think the redmax 8000 I have is a little stronger at the moment but the Dolmar is lighter and I do not care what the specs say it is lighter it also starts easier and it costs less than the 8000 does. Time will tell when the dolmar gets broke in good if it will outblow the 8000 or not but even if it does not the other benefits of it have sold me!

8. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

How much are they selling for?

9. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

One of the big cities around here is having alot of pressure put on them to become more"GREEN" so they have been testing the big Robin blower {same as the Dolmar} and have had great luck with the blower. They have run all Redmax handhelds for along time. They have been using the 7001 blowers but said they will be changing to the Robin for fuel savings and the lower emmisions.

10. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I was just on the Robin website looking at the manual and schematic for this blower. It appears to be a true fourstroke engine. I would like to know how oil from the crankcase gets to the upper head area? Tony

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008