Dolmar PB-7601.4 bower Review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JCLawn and more, Mar 27, 2014.

1. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

This is my first bp blower so I don't have much to compare to, but I was blown away (pun intended). I blew all the rocks out of my lawn yesterday and I pretty shocked how effortless it was. Started first pull no choke like all my other dolmar equipment. Ill post more stuff when I get more running time with it this summer. It was $399. Here is the product page http://www.dolmarpowerproducts.com/productcatalog/blowers/pb-7601_4/index.html

IMAG2507[1].jpg

IMAG2508[1].jpg

IMAG2511[1].jpg

2. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Where's the review?????:confused::hammerhead:

3. JCLawn and more

from MI

Haha its ongoing and I was kinda in a hurry to get it up. I am also use to dolmar's so its kinda the same to me. Everything is built to be used by a contractor and abused. Nothing is flimsy on the unit. The grip is comfortable and rotates 360 degrees (I think that's normal on any blower). It has super thick patting, the straps adjust super big. I am a big guy and had a coat on and it would of adjust more than enough to have overalls on and a winter coat. Seems to have lots of power. It was enough it would toque sideways on my back while revving it up. The throttle lock is super easy to lock and unlock. Its a big rubber leaver to flip with your thumb. Both the trigger and lock would be easy to operate with winter gloves. The handle also adjust backwards and forwards for different arm lengths. Power wise like I said it was easy to blow dirt wads, gravel, and rock out of my lawn from plowing snow. Its super quiet like all dolmars. Its a 64 ounce fuel tank and will run 80min at full throttle. Think it weighs 21 pounds and thats a full 4 stroke engine with crank case oil.

4. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

I bought one of these Dolmar true 4-cycle BPs in Spring '13 to use as my daily BP until leaf season. It is a bit quieter with a different kind of sound, more akin to a propeller driven aircraft = less industrial sounding. It has decent power, is a snap to start, and is ready to rev all day/season long. VERY light & comfortable due to its compactness. Nice padding for extended use.

For leaf season '13 I replaced my RM 8001 with a RM 7500. Will say the 7500 has 1/3+ more power than this Dolmar. Yes, I could get my leaf season done with this Dolmar, but time is money and will be using the RM again come November.

I'm currently running all straight gas/4-cycle HH equip (Honda 35cc trimmer & Dolmar BP blower) Apr-Oct. I don't miss the stench of burned 2-stroke oil all day and only have to carry/fill one portable gas tank of fuel.
    Backup HHs are all 2-stroke = Stihl FS80R and RM 7500.

5. JCLawn and more

from MI

I came close to the 8500 but I was like I am going to be using the 4 stroke as my daily anyways and when I do leave all I use the blowers for it getting leaves away from houses and flower beds.

6. Valk

November & Spring clean-up leaves are a different ballgame, especially when wet/matted down. Getting them out of ivy beds/etc, out from behind/under things/cars/curbs, dealing with moving HUGE piles...a few seconds saved here & there...is when some more power is appreciated, by me anyways.

I have nothing negative to say about this Dolmar BP...it is a joy to start, put on & run! It doesn't stink!!

7. JCLawn and more

from MI

I wanna pick up another dolmar bp and then I might buy the 8500 for leaf season. I like the new dolmar multi-tools

8. Valk

Am strongly considering a Dolmar 25.4cc 4 cycle trimmer to compliment my heavier/torque-ier Honda 35cc. :drinkup:

9. JCLawn and more

from MI

10. Valk