Dolmar trimmer - anyone swap the head?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by coolgreen, Jun 26, 2008.

1. coolgreen

coolgreen LawnSite Member

Has anyone put a real head on the Dolmar MS 22C?

Great little trimmer for the money. It's extremely light, and the power is not bad. The only problem is the head.

I've tried the ones that bolt onto a Stihl and an Echo, but there must be some kind of adapter needed to make one fit.

2. DOLMARatOS

DOLMARatOS LawnSite Member

We have successfully installed the NEW OREGON SPEED FEED heads (*smaller version of the shindaiwa, same inside set-up, holds 10-12 feet of line) on the 22c's along with Quick-Load and Jet Fit heads.

3. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

The Oregon Speed-Feed is the same as the Shindaiwa Speed-Feed 375.

4. coolgreen

I took a look at the Speed Feed 375, and the part that attaches to the trimmer is male, which is the same as the trimmer. I don't see how this head can work. It needs a female end on the actual head.

Did you have to modify it. If so, how did you do it?

5. coolgreen

Sorry guys. I think my dealer had the Shindaiwa specific ones. I found some information on a universal Speed Feed that may fit my machine.

I know more about the products than just about anyone working at the small engine places around here, so it's nearly impossible to figure things like this out.

Another huge problem is the fact no one actually stocks anything. I have to order just about every single part I need for all my machines. Even my local Stihl dealer doesn't really stock anything.

6. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

Right! You need either the Shindaiwa Speed-Feed 375 Universal LH, also the ones that are in the Stens/Oregon OEP catalog come with different arbors.